We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to the office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. You will be seeing new equipment and PPE to ensure safety for everyone in the office.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We have installed a new Ionizing HEPPA air filtration system within our HVAC unit that will filter the entire office every 12 minutes, ensuring cleaner and safer air.
- We ask that you stay in your car and call our office before you enter the premesis. Our waiting room is now closed until further notice. We will either allow you to enter the office immediately or contact you when it is time for your appointment to decrease the interaction between patients.
- If a family has multiple appointments, we ask the waiting family members wait in the car and swap places when the appointments are over. We understand this could cause a burden on families, but we are staying within ADA and CDC recommendations to keep everyone safe.
- We are now limiting the amount of people that are allowed at appointments. For adults, the patient is the only one allowed in the office, no family members or other persons are allowed. For children, if the parent feels necessary, only 1 parent is allowed to enter the building with them.
- We will be taking your temperature when you enter the door to make sure that all patients entering our office are healthy.
- You will be asked screening questions about your recent whereabouts out of the country as well as your exposure to some people/cirumstances.
- We have hand sanitizer throughout the office to ensure clean hands and surfaces.
- You will be asked to swish with a hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse, per the CDC and ADA, this is the most effective protocol to kill any harmful germs in the mouth before starting our procedures for everyones safety.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (262) 646-4188 or contact our Office Manager, Danica, via email at email@example.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Stay up to date by following us on Facebook!
Dr. Michelle Kelly and the Delafield Family Dental Staff