Delafield Dental Bonding
If you’re interested in sprucing up your smile in Mukwonago, Hartford, or Eagle, dental bonding from Delafield Family Dental is a non-invasive, painless way to enhance the shape and color of your teeth. With dental bonding, you can treat a wide variety of cosmetic issues in just a single, appointment. Call us today to schedule an appointment if you would like to correct chips, stains, small gaps, or misshapen teeth!
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic treatment that uses a special type of dental resin to restore the shape and appearance of your teeth. This resin is very similar to the resin used to create tooth-colored fillings. During treatment, Dr. Kelly will apply the material directly to your tooth and use it to reshape its appearance and cover up cosmetic flaws. This highly versatile treatment can be used to treat most cosmetic issues, such as misshapen teeth, minor chips, gaps in your smile, and even slightly crooked teeth.
The Dental Bonding Process
The dental bonding process usually takes only one appointment and it is completely non-invasive:
- The process begins with a cleaning and the application of a special solution that helps the dental resin achieve a tight hold on your teeth.
- Next, Dr. Kelly will select a dental resin that matches the color of your teeth perfectly. This will be applied to your tooth and sculpted into the proper overall shape.
- Once the overall shape is just right, a UV light will be used to harden the resin.
- Once the tooth looks perfect, it will be buffed and polished to ensure that it looks completely natural. This entire procedure usually takes only about 30-60 minutes per tooth.
What Are The Benefits Of Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding has a number of great benefits that make it an ideal cosmetic dental solution:
- Fast results – Dental bonding takes only a single appointment, unlike some alternative treatments like veneers or cosmetic crowns. This means you can restore your smile quickly.
- Non-invasive treatment – None of your natural enamel will be removed, and the procedure is completely non-invasive. In most cases, you do not even need to have your mouth numbed during the procedure.
- Affordable – Bonding is typically a more affordable cosmetic option compared to treatments like veneers and crowns, making it a good option if you want to restore your smile on a budget.
How Should I Care For My Teeth After Bonding?
Simply make sure that you brush and floss regularly, and see the team at Delafield Family Dental for six-month oral exams and cleanings. In addition, try to rinse out your mouth after consuming foods and beverages that could stain your teeth, like coffee and wine. Finally, make sure you do not use your teeth as tools or to chew on non-food objects since this can cause the resin to chip. If you grind your teeth, wear a nightguard to prevent damage to your bonded teeth.
Schedule Your Cosmetic Consultation With Dr. Kelly In Delafield Today!
If you would like to learn more about dental bonding in Delafield, come to Delafield Family Dental today! Dr. Kelly is an experienced cosmetic dentist and at your appointment, she will discuss all of the options for restoring your smile. Contact us now at (262) 646-4188 for an appointment, or feel free to stop by our office at 11 Crossroads Ct. Delafield, WI 53018.
Request an Appointment!