Delafield Sedation Dentistry
Whether you’re feeling nervous about an upcoming appointment, you have a strong gag reflex, or you simply want help staying still and calm during your treatment, sedation dentistry may be the right option for you. At Delafield Family Dental, we offer laughing gas to keep patients at ease and comfortable throughout your entire treatment. Contact us today to speak with our knowledgable team about sedation dentistry! You can reach us at (262) 646-4188.
Laughing gas is one of the most common forms of sedation dentistry for children and adults alike. It’s an efficient way to make patients feel calm, happy, and safe, and it wears off after only about five minutes. It’s ideal for any patient who may be feeling nervous during their appointment. Using a comfortable nose mask, Dr. Kelly will administer the gas throughout your procedure. Once treatment is complete, the mask comes off and you’ll be back to feeling normal in just a few minutes.
The Benefits of Laughing Gas
- Laughing gas is unique because it wears off very quickly after treatment (often within 5 minutes), which means that you will be able to drive yourself home and go about the rest of your day as you normally would.
- Increased comfort is one of the most sought-after benefits of sedation dentistry. Laughing gas gives patients a feeling of euphoria and helps keep you at ease throughout your entire treatment.
- If you are having dental work done on your rear teeth, laughing gas can decrease your gag reflex and make your treatment much more enjoyable for both you and Dr. Kelly.
When to Consider Sedation
The most common reason patients choose sedation is to relieve dental anxiety. Sedation can help you feel more safe, relaxed, and comfortable if you have dental anxiety. However, sedation can also be helpful for a number of other reasons, including:
- A strong gag reflex – If your gag reflex is very sensitive or strong, sedation can help mitigate this issue and make it easier for Dr. Kelly to work around your rear teeth.
- Fear of needles – Fear of needles is very common, and it can be difficult for Dr. Kelly to numb your mouth properly if you are very anxious and scared of needles. Sedation can help eliminate this fear and make it easier to numb your mouth.
- Enhanced comfort during long procedures – Even if you’re not afraid of the dentist, sedation can make you feel more comfortable if you’re undergoing multiple procedures, such as having several fillings placed.
Request an Appointment!